by Diane Collins
THREE WAYS TO VOTE:
- Walk into your polling site on November 3, 2020 and VOTE.
- Vote early from October 24 – November 1, 2020 at your local County Board of Elections. (see addresses below)
- Vote by Absentee Ballot. (several steps)
- You first need to get an application for the Absentee Ballot, fill it out, and mail it to your County Board of Elections. You qualify for an Absentee Ballot due to a “temporary illness” which now includes being “at risk of contracting or spreading a disease.”
- Applications are available from your local County Board of Elections, or electronically at Elections.ny.gov (to be safe get the application form ASAP due to possible postal delays)
- Send the completed application for an Absentee Ballot to your local Board of Elections ASAP, again due to possible delays.
- You will receive the Absentee Ballot with detailed instructions in the mail.
Ballots will be mailed out beginning on or about September 18, 2020.
- Mail your completed Absentee Ballet back to your local County Board of Elections, again ASAP. (Final deadline: Ballots are to be postmarked or returned to the Board of Elections person by Nov.3, 2020.)
All questions can be answered by your local Board of Elections online at elections.ny.gov.