by Diane Collins
The Social Action Committee will be hosting several “Friday Night Forum” events in the next two months:
March 15, 2019 Friday, 7 p.m. “The Economic and Social Implications of Legalizing Marijuana” – Steve Ruzbacki, 2016 Green Party candidate for State Senate, recently earned a Professional Certificate in Cannabis Science and Medicine from the University of Vermont’s Larner School of Medicine. Steve will present an overview of the history of cannabis prohibition in the United States, and how the details of cannabis regulation will impact residents of New York State.
March 29, 2019 Friday, 7 p.m. “Silent Spring” (55 minute film about Rachel Carson) This will be the first of a series of five films celebrating climate champions.
Caring for the Earth film series with guest speakers leading discussions:
- March 29 Rachel Carson’s “Silent Spring”
- April 5 Pete Seeger’s “The Power of Song”
- April 12 W.S. Merwin’s “Even Though the Whole World is Burning”
- April 19 Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power”
- April 26 Wendell Berry’s “Look and See”
The next Social Action Committee meeting will be Sunday, March 10th after service. On the agenda will be criminal justice issues and actions. Please join us.